Brailliant BI 20X is the ideal portable 20–cell refreshable braille display that you can pair with your favorite devices or use with standalone applications. By customizing the features, you maximize your reading pleasure while staying connected on the go.
You can customize the main menu, configure the thumb keys, select the braille table, and adjust the auto-scroll speed to suit your reading preferences and maximize your comfort.
HumanWare’s signature thumb keys make reading effortless, while the KeySoft Lite editing application makes discreet note taking a pleasure. With 16GB of usable internal storage and the included onboard translation ensuring compatibility with various file types, managing data has never been easier.
Once paired with your screen reader via Bluetooth or USB connections, emailing, saving, and transferring documents of various file types couldn’t be easier. Since smart things come in small packages, the Brailliant BI 20X is your ideal braille travel companion.
- 20 cells Braille display with cursor routing keys
- Connects to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB device simultaneously
- Wake up iOS function
- Connect to participating online libraries including Bookshare, NLS BARD and NFB Newsline
- Government mode (optional on purchase)
- Exam mode
- Onboard applications powered by KeySoft Lite including Daisy BookReader and Editor
- Onboard braille translation
- File compatibility includes docx, brf, brl, txt, html and pdf
- HumanWare signature thumb keys for ergonomic reading
- 8 dot Perkins keyboard with 2 space bars
- Battery life: 20 hours
Screen reader compatibility with JAWS 18 and above, Dolphin SuperNova, NVDA, VoiceOver iOS and MAC iOS
- Editor: KeyPad
- Calculator: KeyCalc
- Date and time
- Online libraries
- Victor Reader
- French fr
- French ca
- Portuguese Brazil
- Device weight: 400 g
- Device dimensions (w x d x h): 182mm x 93mm x 23mm
- Removable battery
- 256 MB of RAM memory
- 4 GB of internal storage capacity to serve as the boot device, firmware and data storage
- Audio Codec with volume control and audio jack (currently inactive)
- Rechargeable and user replaceable Li-Ion battery (1500 mAh).
- Integrated battery charger
- USB 2.0 type C device high speed interface for connection to a computer and recharge
- USB 2.0 type A host to connect an external thumb drive
- Real Time clock with rechargeable battery backup.
- User accessible SD card socket supporting SD, SDHC and SDXC.
- 801.11b/g/n wireless module for Wi-Fi connectivity (2.4 GHz) and Bluetooth 4.2
- Vibration motor for haptic feedback
- Piezo buzzer for audible feedback
2 – years warranty