Yenka is a practical software program for students, using the new generation of educational modelling tools as a foundation for further development in mathematics, science, technology, ICT and computing. Yenka can be used for experimental and accurate learning for each subject, since objects and substances in the software can interact with each other as they would in real life. Yenka is a cost effective and practical program which allows for safe science experimentation, 3D constructing and interactive content from the Yenka extensive online data base.
- Yenka has 4 components: Science, Technology, Mathematics and ICT and Computing. These can be purchased separately or as a full software suite.
- Teacher License allows for one teacher use the software and enables up to 40 students accessibility
- School Site License allows for teachers and students use the software on all PC’s at one site
- Home user License allows for free use at home with a valid program license; these are once off payments and require not annual subscriptions
- Yenka Free Trial for 15 days allows the user a 15 day period trail for the Yenka software, and there after the user could consider to purchase a licence for schools or for their own usage.
The full Yenka Suite includes the following
Yenka Mathematics:Create 3D mathematical models, demonstrate statistics, probability, geometry and coordinates.
Yenka Science: virtual laboratories are ideal for science lessons, demonstrating concepts in a safe, accurate virtual world.
Yenka Technology: test electronic projects, and PIC or PICAXE programs, and produce 3D PCB layouts for classroom manufacture.
Yenka ICT and Programming: introduces programming in an engaging way, letting you control animated 3D characters using simple flowchart commands.
- Windows XP or later
- Pentium III, 1 GHz or higher
- 256MB RAM (with virtual memory switched on)
- Graphics card with OpenGL support and up-to-date drivers. requires atleast minimum of 32MB of graphics card memory.
- 16-bit soundcard optional
- OS X 10.4 or later
- 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 or higher, or any Intel Mac
- 256MB RAM