Yenka Programming is an interactive, exciting way to teach and learn computer control and programming. The program lets you use simple flowcharts to control either human characters or virtual animations through a series of steps and instructions.
How it works
Start your flowchart: Choose from a range of different actions for each character – dance steps, movements and interactions – which can be programmed using flowcharts. Give as many commands as you like, in your preferred order, and edit parameters with a click.
Errors will be highlighted and explained as your program runs, and a monitor shows variable values changing.
If you want to, add a backing track for your characters to dance to – choose from the 23 included or import your own tracks. A slider lets you synchronise your dancers to the beat.
- Teacher License allows for one teacher use the software and enables up to 40 students accessibility
- School Site License allows for teachers and students use the software on all PC’s at one site
- Home user License allows for free use at home with a valid program license; these are once off payments and require not annual subscriptions
- Yenka Free Trial for 15 days allows the user a 15 day period trail for the Yenka software, and there after the user could consider to purchase a licence for schools or for their own usage.
- Windows XP or later
- Pentium III, 1 GHz or higher
- 256MB RAM (with virtual memory switched on)
- Graphics card with OpenGL support and up-to-date drivers. requires atleast minimum of 32MB of graphics card memory.
- 16-bit soundcard optional
- OS X 10.4 or later
- 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 or higher, or any Intel Mac
- 256MB RAM