Pretorian has just made the best better still! All of the features of the Smooth Talker but now with 5 adaptive levels.
The advanced memory management features in the new Smooth Talker with levels allocates memory as it’s used, meaning that you can have a different amount of recording time on each level to meet your exact needs. The only limit is a massive 8 minutes, spread across the five levels. So, for example, you can have four minutes of messages on level 1, and one minute on each of the other levels if you wish, or any other combination that adds up to 8 minutes. Memory allocation takes place automatically with no intervention by the user.
Did you know?
Both Smooth Talker and Smooth Talker with Levels can be paired with Kinetic for SimplyWorks to become a talking dice! Place Kinetic in a large foam dice and every time you turn it to a new face, Smooth Talker will say the number, or some other message appropriate to what’s on the face of the dice!
Whereas other manufacturers sell different products to fulfil each particular AAC requirement, Pretorian’s philosophy is to fulfil all your requirements in a single product, saving you time and money.
Perhaps the feature that makes Smooth Talker with Levels so popular is the choice of playback modes. Choose from:
- Sequential play the messages in sequence, beginning with the first.
- Random plays a random message and is great as a speaking dice, for example.
- Random (no repeats). A new mode which randomly plays every message exactly once before starting over. Perfect for choosing who goes next in a group activitynobody gets missed out and nobody gets two goes!
- Choice requires two switches and is used to allow the user to exercise a choice between two items or concepts.The second switch may be wired or wireless.
- Choice Progression Choose between multiple pairs of items or concepts, for example choosing menu items.
- Converse a truly unique feature that has come to define Smooth Talker Smooth Talker with Levels. Requires two switches and allows two users to conduct a two-way conversation without fear that they will get out of sequence.
- Auditory Prompt. Use the second switch to choose a message by searching through them quickly, and at low volume. Then play back the chosen message using the main switch at normal volume.
- Question/Answer. Record your messages as Q and A pairs and then this mode allows the question and answer to be repeated multiple times before moving on, to allow reiteration and reinforcement.
Toy output can be added to any message and may be chosen on a message by message basis as it’s recorded. Although a toy socket is provided, Smooth Talker with Levels is a SimplyWorks device and so can be paired with a SimplyWorks toy controller such as Control or Control Pro, or can be used to turn on an appliance by pairing with Energise or iClick.
A further socket is provided for a second switch and is used in Choice, Converse, Auditory Prompt and Question/Answer modes, or may simply be used instead of the main switch in Sequential or either of the Random modes. Because Smooth Talker with Levels is a SimplyWorks device, it may be paired with a wireless switch too.
Uniquely, Smooth Talker with Levels has the facility to add messages to your existing recordings without needing to erase what you have previously recorded.
Smooth Talker with Levels is as simple or as complex as you need it to be- the choice is yours. There are some great resources online, such as videos and worksheets, so please take a look at our website to see the benefits that Smooth Talker with Levels can bring to AAC.
- Five Levels.
- A huge 8 minutes of recording and playback time.
- Built in rechargeable lithium battery- charge from a USB socket. Can be used while charging.
- Eight playback modes.
- Digital amplifier and twin speakers for superior sound quality.
- Input socket for external switch (or use SimplyWorks wireless switch)
- Output socket for external toy/ appliance control (or use SimplyWorks toy/ appliance controllers).
- Built-in symbol holder
- Large (125mm) low profile switch activation area.
- Communication aid for non-verbal users and users who need help with speech