Clicker 7 Literacy Software
Clicker 7, the latest version of the award-winning Clicker literacy software program, supports development in most learning areas, including reading and writing skills, and can be used as a tool to teach in any subject area. Clicker can be integrated with all curricula and syllabi in schools with learners of all abilities, including LSEN Schools (Learners from Special Education Needs Schools). Clicker can cater to a variety of learning difficulties and disabilities such as autism, dyslexia, speech and language difficulties, hearing impairments, low vision, Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy and physical disabilities. Clicker works well with a variety of devices such as PCs, SMART Boards, interactive whiteboards, the eBeam and many more.
Clicker supports a range of curriculum and accessibility needs, supporting individual needs using the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) within the Individualised Education Program (IEP)
Free Training on Clicker
Edit Microsystems has created and can provide free training videos on using Clicker in South African LSEN Schools. Click here to view our free online training videos for Clicker. Clicker is also suitable for mainstream primary schools, please contact us to request training for your school.
- The Text-to-Speech supported word processor and voice recorder can help to improve the quality of your learners’ speech.
- Clicker’s clear speech and word predictor helps to develop vocabulary and promotes auto-correction of spelling.
- The talking word processor allows learners to review sentences or words, and punctuating their work gives them instant feedback.
Build confidence with Clicker Grid Sets
Grid Sets enable children to write with whole words, helping them to write independently. Clicker 7 makes it easier to create and edit your own Clicker Grid Sets, and there are hundreds of ready-made sets to choose from.
Review writing with clear children’s voices
Clicker’s brand new children’s voices give students the opportunity to hear their work read back to them in a friendly, age-appropriate voice that they can identify with. This realistic speech feedback encourages them to actively review and self-correct their work.
Develop vocabulary and spelling with word prediction
Upgraded for version 7, Clicker’s intelligent word predictor suggests words that fit the context of students’ writing, encouraging them to use more adventurous vocabulary. Children are able to create flowing pieces of text with accurate spelling and grammatically correct sentences.
Organise ideas with Clicker Board
Clicker Board is a new, child-friendly planning and organising tool, where students manipulate words, pictures and sounds. Easily flick between the board and the document while writing, or instantly transform the board into a word bank. It’s great for individuals, for groups and for the whiteboard.
Capture thoughts and rehearse sentences with Voice Notes
Voice Notes are a new and powerful way for children to capture their thoughts and ideas. Use Voice Notes to rehearse sentences before writing, or to capture ideas on the fly. They are saved with the document, so they’re still there when you come back!
Provide personalised writing support with Word Pool
What happens when children need to include unusual words or names in their writing? With the new Word Pool, you can add any word to Clicker’s knowledge base and ensure it is pronounced properly by the speech engine, picked up by the predictor and accepted by the spellchecker. Word Pool can also be used to tackle specific spelling patterns students are really struggling with.
Make the curriculum accessible for all
Crick Software is committed to providing software that enables every student to access the curriculum and achieve success. Clicker 7 has more accessibility features than ever before, including SuperKeys and eye gaze compatibility.
Create and Edit Lessons in minutes
- Use Wizards to create Clicker activities using words and pictures for sentence building, word banks, writing books, matching & speaking and listening activities.
- Clicker’s intuitive interface allows the user to edit activities.
- Different Text-to-Speech languages such as Spanish, French and German are available to use with Clicker.
Watch these videos of schools having success with Clicker
- Single computer License
- 5 Computer License
- 10 Computer License
- 40 Computer License
- Site License (enabling installation of software on all existing and future computers in a school, including teacher laptops and home computers of teachers and teaching assistants)
Windows Minimum Requirements
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 – Intel Dual Core
- 2Ghz, 2GB RAM
- Internet connection required for activation
Mac Minimum Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
- Requires Java 6
- Internet connection required for activation