BrailleBuzz is an instructional toy for young braille learners ages two to five. It encourages practice with braille characters and phonics, similar to a variety of audio-based toys that teach print writing.
BrailleBuzz resembles a cartoon bumblebee, encouraging little ones with audio feedback. A friendly recorded human voice and fun sounds are paired with a Perkins-style braille keyboard, designed with little hands in mind.
Three Modes of Play
– Phonics Mode: fun sound and letter associations are made.
– Keyboard Mode: all key combinations are announced with dot numbers.
– Letters Mode: dot number announcement reinforces the relationship between reading letters and writing on the keyboard.
Requires 2 AA batteries (not included).
- Develops finger dexterity and braille keyboarding
- Develops emergent phonics and listening skills
- The given letter is heard when the correct combination of dot/keys are pressed
- The honeycomb buttons, with braille, speak the letters when pushed