Life-Changing Projects in South Africa
Editmicro has been involved in the following life-changing projects for schools around South Africa. Our involvement is from start to finish, from the initial project planning throughout the lifetime of the project, ensuring sustainability and impact.
We can assist CSI Managers and government departments with:
- Needs assessment
- Solution development: selecting the appropriate technology and rollout plan
- Project planning
- Training and professional development
- Monitoring and evaluation through live video conferencing, for sustainability
- Ongoing support
eBraille Project – Revolutionising education for the blind in South Africa through braille access to digital information
A Few of our Projects:
- Telkom Foundation project involving 150 schools with 450 Smartboard Solutions (Smartboard Interactive Whiteboard + Data projector provided and installed)
- Dionwired/Massmart, National Special Needs Project : 25 schools equipped with Smartboards, data projectors, training, software and on-going support
- Transnet Maths & Science project – Smartboards, data projectors, computers, software and training
- Gauteng Special Needs – Clicker Project – 350 Schools as well as the Gauteng online project (provision of software to schools)
- Ligbron E- Learning Project – Award winning Project in Mpumalanga focusing on the use of Smartboards as a tool to promote long distance learning via video and data transference. Lessons are broadcasted to rural schools from the Ligbron Academy via Bridgit software.
- Mpumalanga Mining E – Learning Project – Smartboard Interactive Whiteboards and software
- KZN – E learning Project – Smartboard solutions to schools in KZN
- Outreach Projects in Limpopo, North West Province, Northern Cape, Free State and Gauteng involving Smartboard Solutions (Smartboard ,data projector, training and software)
- The e-Lapa Project in the Free State – Smartboard Solutions provided to schools in Free State
- The Khanya Project – close to 2000 Smart Interactive Whiteboards, data projectors, training and software and other hardware such as Data Harvest Equipment supplied to schools throughout the Western Cape.
- Namibia Special Needs Project – Special needs software supplied to various schools
- Protea Development Trust Project : Smartboard Solutions provided to schools via international funding
- Oceana Group Project : Smartboard Solutions including pc’s and training supplied to schools which are supported by this group
- Stellenbosch University : Smartboard solutions provided for their Teacher Training Programme
For more information, take a look at our success stories.